OT: SQL database - some questions

Dear list,

this is a little offtopic, but maybe you can make things a little bit clearer
for me.

I had had a webserver hosted by a provider, which is switched off since a
year. From this server I got a backup of a sql database. The system that ran
that time, was wordpress, and the database is called something like
"bla_bla_wp2016018_911.sql.gz"

On this website I wrote some blogs, which I want to have back.

So my question: Are these blogs content in this database? And if yes, can I
restore them without to setup a complete wordpress server with sql database?

Is there an easy way or only a hard way?

Would be nice, if someone could give me some points, I am not so experienced
with databases.

Thanks and regards

Hans