Re: XFCE Panel to the bottom

On 6/23/17, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/23/17, Mike Stroud <stroudmw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have just installed Debian 8 32 bit XFCE. I've removed the bottom
>> "dock"
>> panel because I don't need it. I've added the Whisker menu onto the top
>> panel menu. Now I'd like to move the top panel from it's default position
>> on the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen, but I can't figure
>> out how.
>>
>> I've "unlocked" the panel in Panel Preferences. When I right-click and
>> select "move", I get a "fist" icon and a small blue horizontal bar.
>> Google
>> search tells me that I should see 2 dots at the end of the panel that I
>> must "grab", but I don't. When I move the blue bar to the bottom, it
>> moves
>> back to the top.
>>
>> So, how do I move the panel to the bottom?
>
> After that first panic, I recouped and hit "ALT+F1" which brings up
> access to Settings > Panel. By running down the list of 2 panels, my
> top one reappeared. It's now located about a third of the way down the
> screen.
>
> And there it very stubbornly sits while refusing to budge.
>
> Trial and error has shown me that the "blue bar" is *possibly* a
> "Separator" (spacer) reference, i.e. NOT the whole panel being moved.
> Right clicking and hitting "Properties" was my clue there. It keeps
> snapping back because it (obviously) wants to stay on the panel to
> which it is assigned.

I took a break, made some coffee, then came back to this with a refreshed brain.

And there they are front and center.... your "dots".. Looks like about
6 on mine on either end of that panel without doing anything special
to have to see them. If you hover over either set of dots then click
and hold, you can move the whole panel wherever you wish to place it.

First kernel panic of the day solved! *yayhoo!*

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *