RE: Download Manager

Hi,

> wget works for me where a web browser would work too.
As I stated that this issue may not be faced by many.

> Maybe too much of negative thoughts towards a shell command line ?
Not negative thoughts about shell, I'm just not comfortable. It's that I
cannot memorise/recall so many codes/scripts all the time, I even run down
track of remembering all the alias.

> Did you try options --output-document and --limit-rate ?
>(See shell command "man wget", use "/bandwidth"<EnterKey> to search for the
>word "bandwidth". The second hit is in the explanation of --limit-rate.)
This is not with respect to wget in shell, where I agree that multiple control
to heart content is available but was in reference to GUI frontend of wget i.e
the download managers in linux. The control over the file being download is
somewhat limited compared to over wget itself.

Regards,
Ashok Kumar

> First with WGET, I'm not at all comfortable with cli, the other being
> that even with effort when I try to use wget, the file most of the
> time downloaded ends up a corrupt file.

wget works for me where a web browser would work too.
I quite often download ISOs with a few hundred MB or a few GB of size.

> I even wonder why the hell I even face this problem.

Maybe too much of negative thoughts towards a shell command line ?

> I don't have much control over the file and bandwidth that I'm
> downloading.

Did you try options --output-document and --limit-rate ?
(See shell command "man wget", use "/bandwidth"<EnterKey> to search for the
word "bandwidth". The second hit is in the explanation of --limit-rate.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas