Re: Debian 8.8 Released but can't get via apt-get?

On 05/06/2017 05:07 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
You get the updates normally.  If you managed to update to 8.7 just
fine, likely that means your mirror just doesn't have sync'd yet.  Wait
a few hours, and try again.

Now it works! I just updated my main laptop. Sven Hartge was right - I just needed a little patience. :)

The /etc/debian_version file usually has the version of Debian installed
in the system.

Try this in a command line shell:
cat /etc/debian_version

Now it says 8.8. All is good!

Thank you (both you and Sven) for your assurances.