Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 04:40:00PM +0000, GiaThnYgeia wrote:
> As for the other post you commented on with the same attitude I would
> have to say that getting technical in comparing sysv with competing
> technologies does not answer the political part of the decision making.
> It seems as this part is what irritated people not the technical aspects
> of it.  Unless there are those that pretend the decision making process
> was solely on technical merits.

The decision to switch the default init to systemd was made by the Tech
Committee. You can read the history of that decision here

There's also a related General Resolution that was written, adapted and
voted on by Debian members. The full details of that are here

	https://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_003

As for "who", 483 Debian Developers voted, as listed here

	https://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_003_voters.txt

All this stuff is in the open for anyone to read and catch up on. I
hope you find it enlightening.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland