Re: Stretch stable and jessie testing - repositories listed

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 2:51 AM, GiaThnYgeia
<GiaThnYgeia@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> [...]
> The Debian 7 pc stayed this way, I used it as an example that if I had
> switched it to testing on wheezy would I be in stretch now?  And I
> assume the answer would be yes unless I again misunderstand how it works.

Maybe, if you had done that before Jessie was stable and had managed
to ride the changes okay.

Don't do it now or you'll be in a serious mess of the sort where the
best answer is to back up your data and maybe your passwords and
re-install from scratch.

It might be good to have Synaptic issue a warning to that effect when
certain (repository) targets are changed, but that would be something
to take up on a developers' list, maybe.

--
Joel Rees

I'm imagining I'm a novelist:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html