Re: Fwd: troubles running a printer on Mint17.3 "Rosa"

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 12:16:47PM +0100, albcares wrote:

> One more thing: do these answers mean that Mint is considered compatible
> with the mailing-list?

Not really. Mint has its own support structure and while it is based on
Debian, it isn't Debian. That said, the denizens of this mailing list
are a tolerant bunch in general, and if you approach them with respect
and with decent-quality evidence of what the problem is and what you
have done so far, as you did, there is usually someone who can help :)

I'd say if there is a Mint question that seems like a general Linux
question and/or is not related to something you KNOW to be different
between Mint and Debian, it isn't outrageous to ask here, if you can't
get help from the Mint community for some reason. Worth acknowledging at
the outset that it is related to Mint though, as you did.

I've done worse, by approaching the list for problems with a LFS box,
where the Debian connection was tangential to say the least, and got
help. I was very upfront about that fact though, and if I had been told
to eff off, I would have taken my medicine and effed off. Didn't happen.

Mark