Re: Fwd: troubles running a printer on Mint17.3 "Rosa"

On Fri 03 Feb 2017 at 12:16:47 +0100, albcares wrote:

> > There is no PPD specifically for your printer,
>

> which is exactly what I tried to be assured of: thanks
>
> > so one of the Generic PostScript or PCL ones is what you choose from.
> > Problems could lie
> > in a number of places: the transport of data over the USB link, the
> > printer itself etc.
>
> the weird is that I've been running also OpenSuSE on the same engine,
> obviously with the same hardware; Optra is working fine with it.

Debian and OpenSuse both use CUPS but it is maintained in different ways
in both distributions. The same is probably true (for all we know) of
Mint. So you are not comparing like with like.

You need a file which *consistently* gives a poor output on Debian and
then run through the debugging techniques on Debian and OpenSuse. How
to test the printer was given in an earlier mail. Don't assume it does
not have bugs in its PostScript or PCL interpreters.

--
Brian.