Re: after doing apt-get dist-upgrade I lost wifi internet connection

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 04:10:20PM -0300, Luciano Moffatt wrote:
> I am in testing.
>
> I did a new installation and after a single apt-get dist-ugrade, wich
> installed three new packages and updated about another forty,I lost my wifi
> internet connection again.  Cable internet worked fine.
>
> I suspect it has something to do with firmware-linux-free so I did an
> apt-get remove and I re installed the package firmare-realtek without luck.
>
> I re-installed the last testing from scratch and I recovered wifi internet.
>
> I could try to find the guilty package by installing one by one, but I was
> not in the mood of having to reinstall it.
>
> So, what could I do to report this problem to help it to be solved?

I think it's going to be hard to get anywhere with that without figuring
out which package was the problem. If you don't know which package to
report a bug against, you are kind of stuck reporting the problem.

You could list up which packages it wants to upgrade if you do apt-get
update / apt-get upgrade now but don't let it go through with the
upgrade, just list out the packages it wants to upgrade and the ones it
wants to install. Someone on here can probably call out which package is
the likely culprit.

Mark