Re: Early boot became slower

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 04:14:57AM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> Mattia Oss composed on 2017-01-27 01:34 (UTC+0100):
>
> > On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 02:18:36PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
>
> > > For the boot menu, or after?
>
> > To clarify I uploaded some videos (sorry for the crappy quality :/ )
>
> You haven't answered my question.

Well, apparently you haven't seen my videos. Anyway: right after the
grub menu.

> None of those play for me. The resolution on the initial screens is so poor

This sentence doesn't make sense. Did you play them or not?
They are 1920x1080 with h264 codec in a Matroska container. I think
that's pretty standard. Which player did you use?

By the way, the point of the videos was to show the entity of the
slowdown and, most importantly, WHEN this occurs. Not to show the output.
If you need the kernel output I will provide it by other means, but
certainly not in a video.

> that I can't make out anything useful except to suggest to remove quiet the
> splash= parameter from the cmdline (or change it to splash=0) and see what
> happens without the graphical background or the output supression.

I don't have the splash or quiet parameter in grub (are you using
ubuntu?) but if I use GRUB_TERMINAL=console or GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text
I get a super fast and super ugly output. This can be seen in the 3rd
video. And that's what I'm using right now.

Anyway thanks for the effort, much appreciated. :)