Re: Early boot became slower

Mattia Oss wrote:

> Anyway thanks for the effort, much appreciated. :)

Perhaps you should check your plymouth install/setup. I am not ubuntu user.
I was able to see the videos and still, you are shaking and the video is
out of focus, so one can not see where it hangs. I guess it is
trying/hanging intializing the frame buffer. Perhaps you enable timestamp
for boot if not enabled and check your log files to see where it spends
much of the time. I think this is doable with systemd as well, but I am not
very knowledgable how this devil works exactly.

If you have read the changelog to the new 4.9. kernel you should have
noticed that a lot of fixes against intel video driver were pushed. Perhaps
you experience some slow down because one of them and perhaps there is a
fix if you read the documentation of the driver. So a possible solution
would be to check parameters passed to the driver /etc/modprobe.d/...
or you have to create/set the options.

regards