Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

Le 12/03/2016 10:56, Brian a écrit :

The PDL of choice for AirPrint capable devices is PDF. A PDF document

The important word is "direct". The MFC-J5720DW doesn't have a  PDF
interpreter. Hence the silence.

it have one for airprint, but may be this one is only available for aiprint, not for usb (ridiculous, I know, but we see such thing often)

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Features/AirPrint

any printer (any hardware?) needs software to make something, be it on rom (eprom or flash memory) or driver (the infamous "windows printers").

What the more near to freedom?? no idea.

jdd