Re: spam filtering question?

The only thing I can think to do is to filter on Messag_id: field contents and run all incoming email through formail to force what comes in to be in proper format before any spam filters get it. Ken did tell me awhile back that overseas undesireables wanted to use shellworld.net for criminal purposes and he refused their request then all of the spam started.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016, Karen Lewellen wrote:

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 12:38:18
From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
Cc: Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>,
    Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: spam filtering question?

Hi there,
Yes I am running sa-learn and indeed is no longer being effective.
Part of the spam I believe is tied to a couple of hacks of major sites, when Linkedin was hacked and when yahoo groups had problems. I can simply dump the ones that are fake orders or documents or tickets, the ones that look like they come from old linked in data.
The tactical flashlight adds and the like though should filter with sa-learn.
I have asked Ken our administrator about the problem, which is part of why I raised the question. He too is puzzled as to why sa-learn is not doing the job say as well as it did when shellworld was still running freebsd.
Kare