OT: Read-Only NFS-mounted Debian System for Library Kiosk PCs, using KACE K2000 as PXE?

I've been tasked with replacing a few library kiosks in a university library. They currently run Windows with a kiosk-product named SiteKiosk to restrict them to just a few apps (web-browser, printing, MS-Word) and prevent tampering. It works pretty well.

But I have a philosophical distaste of Windows; I'm not in favor of maintaining more third-party products (SiteKiosk) than is necessary; I like the idea of disk-less workstations; I like the idea of configure-in-one-place-for-all-machines; and I just like Debian; and I think it might serve as a foot-hold in the door to converting other Windows PCs across campus to Debian.

But I have no real experience in PXE booting, and only vaguely understand the depths of Debian booting, and know very little about setting up a KACE (now Quest) K2000 Systems Deployment Appliance for network-booting a computer, and much less for booting a Linux image, and much less for pointing those Linux boxes to remote read-only NFS mounted systems (and I know little NFS at all).

So, does anyone have enough experience with this combination of stuff, and willingness, to guide me in this process? Or even subsets of the process that might get me closer to the whole? I can't help but think there might be others in a similar situation that would benefit from finding this process detailed on-line.

Thanks!

--
Kent West                    <")))><