Re: SUCESS!!! - was [Re: Progress report Re: Invoking ddrescue]

On 11/14/2016 5:20 PM, Brian wrote:
On Mon 14 Nov 2016 at 16:29:52 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

ddrescue has run to completion without _reported_ errors for all partitions
of the drive. I understand that does *NOT* guarantee that the files are not
corrupt.

I've read the man page of su with recent experiences in mind.
I agree with tomas that some of my recent problems relate to the differences
between "su" and "su --login".

tomas did not say he agreed that any of your recent problems relate
to the differences between "su" and "su --login". He explained the
difference between "su" and "su -", a factual matter.

Speaking of facts: we've had the appearance of subtle differences and
matching observed symptoms. Fuzzy. Nothing concrete and nothing that
doesn't involve speculation or possibly misobservation. As far as I am
concerned, all the commands used to carry out your task can be issued
successfully as root or after a su to root.

gee whiz what insight
writen by some one who actually read my reply to tomas?????????????????????