Re: Recommendation: Backup system

> Am 01.10.2016 um 23:06 schrieb Bob Weber:
> > Like I said backuppc uses incremental and full backups.  The web
> > interface lets you browse any backup (inc or full) and you see all the
> > files backed up.  I set the incremental for each day up to a week.  So I
> > have up to 7 of them.  The full can kept for for however long you want.
> > I currently keep 12 weekly, 8 bi-weekly and 4 monthly full backups so
> > that covers almost a year.

I am not the op, but backuppc sounded pretty nice, so yesterday I tried to
install it on both my Wheezy and Jessie systems.  It didn't work (with
different failures) on either system--I won't give much detail for now, but I'd
just ask a few questions:

   * what system (what version of Debian) are you using?

   * should I expect that it will properly configure a web server (on the
Wheezy system it talked about apache2, iirc), or must I have a properly
configured web server before installing backuppc?

Some cryptic notes on the failures:

On wheezy, I thought the installation completed successfully--it ran something
it called a script, and, in or after the script it gave me a url to log in to
manage backuppc along with a username and password.  When I tried to go to
that URL, using either http or https on either of my browsers, it gave me a
404 error.

On jessie, it apparently did not complete the installation, it told me it
could not run that initial script.

Suggestions?