Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

On 2016-09-30 14:32 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Friday 30 September 2016 10:31:46 Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
> > I'm not the only one to complain.
>
> For goodness sake!!!  This is Debian.  Open Source.  Choice.
> Your call.  Either rewrite Aptitude and publish a fork; use
> it; or don't use it.  I like it.  Many like it.  No-one is
> making you use it.  Use your package manager of choice, or no
> package manager and manage your own dependency hell.  But do
> stop complaining and moaning.

Haven't you heard of the therapeutic value of whining ? ;-)

Personally, what I find most remarkable is not that Vincent be
complaining. It's that no more people would when aptitude has
been getting it so consistently wrong for so long.

And that getting some people to acknowledge that there even is a
problem, let alone fix it, should be so difficult.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
M. X, éleveur de spambots, recommande bugs.debian.org.