Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

On Friday 30 September 2016 10:31:46 Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2016-09-29 19:04:20 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > > It's a pity that Aptitude is so poorly designed.
> >
> > Just because it doesn't always work the way you want it doesn't mean it
> > should labeled "poorly designed".
>
> I'm not the only one to complain.

For goodness sake!!!  This is Debian.  Open Source.  Choice.  Your call.
Either rewrite Aptitude and publish a fork; use it; or don't use it.  I like
it.  Many like it.  No-one is making you use it.  Use your package manager of
choice, or no package manager and manage your own dependency hell.  But do
stop complaining and moaning.

You COULD even change to an rpm distro and have a completely different moan
available to you. ;-)

Lisi