WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

Good morning! Just a heads up that upgrading the following two
packages attempts to remove 141 unrelated packages in Sid/Unstable
this morning:

perl 5.24.1~rc3-2
perl-base 5.24.1~rc3-2

I grab AMD64 packages in case that makes a difference AND I have other
larger packages still waiting to be upgraded, as well.A total of
almost 400MB the last couple days! Am on dialup and have to be
selective about the order in which packages are upgraded in between
taking the opportunity to actually participate online.

Yes, a bug has been filed, just minutes ago, and only against Perl at this time.

Just sharing because I was in a hurry and almost let it happen. I
don't want anyone else to accidentally do the same. For newcomers,
*always* protect yourself by making sure you backup your current state
before upgrading, specifically for days like today.

Good luck and Happy Debian'ing!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey