Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

Vincent Lefevre writes:
> I'm not asking it to read my mind. I just want it not to remove any
> package I have manually installed.

It doesn't remove anything without your permission.  It proposes
a solution to the problem you present it with.  You can reject that
solution and have it try again.

You can also pin packages so that they will never be removed.   If you
do this without fully understanding the consequences you will be sorry.

Also understand that it is not optimized for use with Unstable.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com