Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good morning! Just a heads up that upgrading the following two
> packages attempts to remove 141 unrelated packages in Sid/Unstable
> this morning:

> perl 5.24.1~rc3-2
> perl-base 5.24.1~rc3-2

> I grab AMD64 packages in case that makes a difference AND I have other
> larger packages still waiting to be upgraded, as well.A total of
> almost 400MB the last couple days! Am on dialup and have to be
> selective about the order in which packages are upgraded in between
> taking the opportunity to actually participate online.

> Yes, a bug has been filed, just minutes ago, and only against Perl at this time.

Why would you think this is a bug? This is just a normal Perl-API
transition, the packages need to be rebuild against the new perl to be
compatible.

This _is_ Unstable after all, things like this happen all the time.

Just use only "apt upgrade" for a few days until the transition is over.

See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=838760#10 as well.

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.