Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

Copied from debian-devel-announce:

From: Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>
Subject: Perl 5.24 transition underway
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 18:57:14 +0100 (17 minutes, 7 seconds ago)

Yesterday[0] I uploaded Perl 5.24 to Debian unstable, starting a 500+ package
transition. Wide uninstallability is to be expected in sid for the next
few days until the necessary rebuilds have been completed. Please avoid
unnecessary uploads of affected packages [1] until the transition is
over and perl has migrated to testing. There is no need to submit
bug reports against perl about the uninstallability of related
packages during this transition.

See the "perldelta" document [2] for information
on upstream changes since 5.22.

Cheers,
Dominic.

[0] I'm sorry that this message has only been distributed now. It was
    originally sent yesterday, but the list server blackholed it.
[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/perl5.24.html
[2] https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/perl/pod/perldelta.pod
--
John Hasler