Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 06:36:21PM +0200, Christian Seiler wrote:

> Regarding the original problem: I'd recommend to anyone running
> sid to also have testing in their sources.list - so they can
> force the installation of an older package version while a
> transition is still ongoing. Also, it's IMHO a good idea to
> subscribe to debian-release for anyone running pure sid, so they
> can have an overview over currently active transitions.
>
> Regards,
> Christian

There is a large scale Perl transition going on - up to 400 packages
will be affected - a note's just been posted to the debian-devel
mailing list.

Don't file bugs - do expect some breakage - there is a published
transition plan.

Usual course of affairs for sid and to be expected from time to time:
as Cindy-Sue has already mentioned.

Leave it for a week / ten days and it will settle or update daily
and watch breakage gradually decrease.

IMHO - Including testing will just produce a Frankendebian where you can
never be sure what you have from where and which _will_ burn you
at some point.

All the best,

Andy C