Re: Debian Jessie : regular console instead of a hi-res one!

On Wed 14 Sep 2016 at 11:09:47 (-0400), Ric Moore wrote:
> On 09/13/2016 02:36 PM, David Wright wrote:
>
> >When I want to change resolution, which keys should I press to do that?
>
> Back in the day, when xorg.conf roamed free, you could have multiple
> screen resolutions noted within it and a ctrl-alt-+ would switch
> resolutions on the fly. That worked on CRT monitors, not sure how
> that would work on LEDs. Ric

I remember it well. I also remember that you hoped the CRT had
remembered the X/Y height/width/position settings for each
resolution's mode, or you'd have to do a lot of fiddling with each
change. Also the "clunk" presumably from the Line Output Transformer
as it coped with the sudden change in demand.

But none of this applied to the linux console of course.

Cheers,
David.