Re: Debian Jessie : regular console instead of a hi-res one!

Le tridi 23 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Felix Miata a écrit :
> The simplest way is to direct KMS's framebuffer to use a lower resolution
> than the native hi-res one by including a video= parameter on the kernel
> cmdline. The lower the resolution, the larger the standard (usually 16x9)
> framebuffer font becomes. On a 1920x1200 display I typically use
> video=1440x900@60; on a 1920x1080, 1280x720@60; depending on size of display
> and actual resolutions it supports. Using video=1920x1080 on a 2560x1440
> display should produce a font 177% of the physical size of the one used
> natively.

It may be ONE OF THE simplest ways, but it a very bad one: screen have a
native resolution, operating at a different one requires scaling: the
resulting text will be much less readable than with the better solution of
using a larger font.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George