Re: [resolved] FireFox broken,

I was amazed a couple days ago, I switched my default browser to
chromium, more for S&G than any other reason, as its now quite long in
the tooth.  I had to go thru an email driven procedure to verify the pw
at PP, but then it worked.  And its kept on working...

And I've been using it for my daily dose of fake news from the mainsleaze
news sites, and except for cbsnews.com, nearly every video plays AND
stays in lip synch.

I can now buy something online, and it works again. I think I'll leave it
that way for a while. :-)

Firefox is still busted.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

Agreed. I believed our problems were related, and I still do. I have run into other problems since I installed libnss3 from sid, problems that I haven't had time to relate here on debian-user up to now. For instance, I couldn't verify my email with a certain site using Firefox, the site simply said email not verified. (You know, how they send you an email, and you click on a link.) I copied the link address to Google Chrome, and it worked, first try. There are a number of examples like this that I won't bother to enumerate, because they are incidental. The problems surfaced with an update to firefox, that's why I blame Firefox. I think now that Gene's problems won't all be cured by installing a recent libnss3. Some people blame the age of Gene's system, but I am running stretch, and I have run into the same problems (plural). You can blame my problems on my running Testing, but it's funny that both of us on two completely different systmes starting having trouble with the same update to Firefox/Iceweasel.

MArk Allums