Re: [resolved] FireFox broken,

On Thursday 08 September 2016 11:26:43 Mark Allums wrote:

[...]
> > So I've now commented that line back out of /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> Your attempt ran into some requirements that are prerequisites for
> libnss3.  For instance, dbus needs to be a certain minimum version,
> and wheezy is too old.  You will have to install another browser (i
> suggest opera for linux.  google chrome is another option, unless you
> prefer a free software option.)
>
> An alternative is to try upgrading to Jessie, and then trying to
> install libnss3.
>
> Good luck
>
> Mark Allums

I was amazed a couple days ago, I switched my default browser to
chromium, more for S&G than any other reason, as its now quite long in
the tooth.  I had to go thru an email driven procedure to verify the pw
at PP, but then it worked.  And its kept on working...

And I've been using it for my daily dose of fake news from the mainsleaze
news sites, and except for cbsnews.com, nearly every video plays AND
stays in lip synch.

I can now buy something online, and it works again. I think I'll leave it
that way for a while. :-)

Firefox is still busted.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)