Re: [resolved] FireFox broken,

On Thursday 08 September 2016 10:30:54 Mark Allums wrote:

> On 09/07/2016 05:23 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > In case everybody missed it, adobe is back to supporting linux, and
> > that notice included a link, but when I clicked on the link, it
> > offered me the 4 year old flash.  Since some movies do play, I
> > declined. ISTR the notice was on /. a day or so back.
> >
> >> No, I have installed Flash, and I keep it up to date.  My problem
> >> is not YouTube, that was just an example.  I get error messages
> >> telling me that the web sites are not secure, coincidentally after
> >> updating crypto packages and Firefox.  I don't believe that YouTube
> >> is insecure, hence the problem.  Not sending money through PayPal
> >> could be a crypto problem, too.
> >>
> >> Mark Allums
> >
> > Maybe this is related to libns3 that someone mention, but we have to
> > get it from unstable? On wheezy, how?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Installing libnss3 from sid/unstable solved the problem of web sites
> unavailable with a security-related error message for me.
>
> Enable Jessie, stretch, and/or Sid on your system by putting the
> appropriate line in your /etc/apt/sources.list, such as:
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
>
> and do apt-get update
>
> (Remove the line -- or comment it out -- after you are satisfied you
> are done.  Otherwise, all your updates will come from Sid--probably
> not what you want.)
>
> Mark Allums

That doesn't float unforch:

or been moved out of Incoming.

 libdbus-1-3 : Breaks: dbus (< 1.9.16-1~) but 1.6.8-1+deb7u6 is to be
installed
 libfontconfig1 : Breaks: xpdf (<= 3.03-11) but 3.03-10 is to be
installed
 libglib2.0-0 : Breaks: glib-networking (< 2.33.12) but 2.32.3-1 is to be
installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.

So I've now commented that line back out of /etc/apt/sources.list.

Thank you for trying to help, Mark

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)