Re: [Gimp-user] Next gotcha

On Sat 23 Jul 2016 at 06:45:35 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 23 July 2016 05:01:37 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Saturday 23 July 2016 02:36:46 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Very frustrating that
> > > apparently no one on this list is enough smarter about this that
> > > they can assist me.
> >
> > Is there  a GIMP list, and have you tried it??
>
> You are responding to a cross-post that I made to the debian list in the
> odd chance that in my flailing about, my cane may come in contact with a
> skull that can do something about gimp because the gimp docs distributed
> for wheezy are so old and out of date they won't run in the context
> mode. My way of perhaps getting a packagers attention to just how
> worthless it is to distribute a gimp that has had hundreds of bug fixes
> since 2.8.2, its now up to 2.8.19, and shipping 2.8.2 along with the
> docs for 2.6.1!

The "totally broken tool" is part of the previous stable Debian
distribution called wheezy. It caused many to throw themselves under
the train (the one without a conductor) when they saw how much
worthless software was being distributed. In fact it makes you
wonder how anybody got any work done with computers at all, with
systems so outdated and containing so many bugs.

And when they got stuck, they even had to open a book to get help,
or use this new-fangled tool called AltaVista on the interweb to
find odd scraps of information like HOWTOs and READMEs. Why didn't
they come to corporate seminars like everyone else. There were always
plenty of COBOL programmers to take questions, and mail you an answer
within a week or two. Oh, dress code, you say. Well, you could write
to the Computer Weekly letters column. Oh, non-disclosure, you say...

C'mon Gene, you should know the score by now.
Unstable, or testing → frozen → stable → oldstable. Pick your poison.

Cheers,
David.