Re: weired - no sound after upgrade

did you run speaker-test with a sound file?

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016, Hans wrote:

Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 06:04:32
From: Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: weired - no sound after upgrade

Hi list,

is something known about a sound problem in debian/testing?

After an upgrade and a reboot I got no sound at all. Checked the following:

----

1.
alsamixer - all settings are set to 80 percent, including pcm, master and line in

-----

2.
cat /proc/asound/cards

Looks ok for me.

----

3.
play /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

I see the file is beeing played, but there is no sound to hear.

----

Other things I did without success:

- reinstalled kernel
- unloaded and loaded sound-modules
- reinstalled sound related applications and libs to a prior version.

If needed, I can send a logfile of aptitude, where you can see, what happened the last 3
days.

At the moment I have no more clues. Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you very much!

Best

Hans