Re: Aptitude Error

Am Samstag, 23. Juli 2016, 08:38:02 schrieb S. P. Molnar:
> I am running v-8.4 and get the following error:
>
> E: The package virtualbox-5.1 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find
> an archive for it.
>
> This resulted from my bumbling effort to remove virtualbox.
>
> What is the solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Try:

aptitude update

then

aptitude reinstall virtualbox

If aptitude update fails, you can move /var/lib/apt/lists/* away and try
again.

You can also use aptitude's nice ncurses gui, and search for virtualbox.
Also synaptics is fine packagemanager, with search options.

If aptitude fails, try apt-get update, then apt-get --reinstall install
virtualbox.

Make sure, you have the correct entry for the repo in sources.list.

Good luck!

Hans