Re: New software suggestion - whom to ask?

On 07/20/2016 11:12 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
Le tridi 3 thermidor, an CCXXIV, Brian a écrit :
It doesn't look DFSG free.

  http://mintakaconciencia.net/squares/umtskeeper/#license

    For the purpose of including UMTSkeeper or portions thereof
    in GNU GPL licensed projects, UMTSkeeper is also licensed
    under the GPL. You may distribute UMTSkeeper or derivatives
    under the GNU GPL, provided that **your distribution is also
    subject to the HESSLA**.

The emphasis is not mine.

It mostly looks self-contradicting.

Being subject to the HESSLA means

    ...you will not use this software for infringement of human
    rights or the right to privacy. You will not use this software
    for surveillance purposes or to otherwise spy on people,
    neither for doing any harm to a human being.

Oh, an idiotware license!

Dictator: "UMTSkeeper is the last piece that was needed, I can start my
genocide. Wait, the license does not allow it. Damn, my evil plan is
foiled!"

...and then suddenly your centrifuges fail. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html