Re: Mailing-list configuration

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Thursday 16 June 2016 13:47:54 Dan Purgert wrote:
>> In addition, I feel that both parties in the original problem
>> (apparently Lisi and Nicolas -- please correct me if I'm wrong) each
>> have some fault in the matter.  Mainly, this seems to stem from each of
>> you assuming that the other's MUA behaves similarly to your own, and
>> then perhaps having sent one (or several) mails that were viewed by the
>> other as inflammatory; even if you didn't necessarily mean it that way.
>
> You are right that I am probably "newer" than Nicolas in this field,
> though probably older in the world in general :-/.  You are wrong in
> saying that I assumed anything.

Fair enough - as I said, I'm not privy to how the whole mess started,
just stating my observations (and assumptions) based on the back & forth
in the thread in general.

> As for changing my own behaviour, I have done so.   I would be perfectly
> willing to set up every folder in my email client to use different
> headers, as advocated by Nicolas, but I have no idea how to do it.  I
> had enough trouble making the different folders use different SMTP
> servers!!

Can't particularly help there, as I don't know what client you're using.
Though some of the "newer" ones are horrific in the amount of
"customization" that you're not allowed to do (because the writer didn't
think anyone would need / want it ... yay!)

> [snip]
> In the end, however, we are all at each others' mercy. :-/
Indeed we are.  The people who send HTML messages often create "fun"
issues (as my client expects text alone).  But, "text only" is now
seemingly the "alternate" rather than the "default behavior" for sending
emails.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947
|O|O|O|