Re: Mailing-list configuration (was: Big dummy at work again)

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:17 AM Morten Bo Johansen <mbj@spamcop.net> wrote:
On 2016-06-13 Nicolas George wrote:

> As I already explained twice, a solution that requires a
> different action when it is a mailing-list and when it is not
> is not an acceptable solution.

Why not? Don't you know when you are corresponding on a mailing
list or not? You only need to switch between 'r' and 'L'. And
if some person on a mailing list in rare cases specifically
request a CC, then you also have to remember 'g'. That is not
too hard to manage?

> The solution I advocate does not have this issue.

Your solution is completely hopeless. You want people to
configure their MUAs to insert "Reply-To" headers on a per
mailing list basis to avoid your CCs? Many (most?) MUAs can't
even be configured this way.

  Morten

Hear, Hear! Morten has put his finger on it. In both his paragraphs.

Mark