Re: Mailing-list configuration (was: Big dummy at work again)

Le sextidi 26 prairial, an CCXXIV, Morten Bo Johansen a écrit :
> Since you are using Mutt, all you need to do to be well behaved
> (i.e. not send personal CCs) is to hit 'L' when you reply

As I already explained twice, a solution that requires a different action
when it is a mailing-list and when it is not is not an acceptable solution.
The solution I advocate does not have this issue.

Let me try to re-state it one more time another way:

A is annoyed by unwanted CCs and wants to make it stop.

Solution 1: ask every people who reply to A, i.e. people who do not care
about the unwanted CCs, to make a (moderate) effort without getting any
benefit for themselves.

Solution 2: A makes the moderate punctual effort to configure the MUA to set
the header correctly and directly reaps the benefits.

Stated like that, it is pretty much a no-brainer.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George