Re: Mailing-list configuration

On 6/13/2016 11:12 AM, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
> Le sextidi 26 prairial, an CCXXIV, Tanstaafl a écrit :
>> This is why Reply-To-List is the way to reply when engaged in a mailing
>> list.
>>
>> If your client doesn't have this, then maybe it is time to consider
>> changing.

> I am not sure what you are aiming at. If "Reply-To-List" is supposed to be a
> message header, as the typography, then you can observe that it is not
> present in most of the mails on this mailing-list.
>
> If you are referring to a MUA command, then first let me remind you that MUA
> commands are not standardized,

Actually, this one pretty much is - it bases its action (or lack) on the
existence of the standard mail list headers. Very few mail lists do not
have these headers (Yahoo lists are one exception).

> The point is that a procedure that requires a moment of
> thought for each single mail "I am replying to a mailing-list or a simple
> group discussion" is not acceptable. If that is what you are suggesting,
> then consider that I accidentally got it wrong.

Yes, you did, you spammed me too on this response.

If you refuse to engage a few neurons and act in accordance to the list
rules of etiquette, then you will likely be plonked by at least some
list participants, if not a lot.