Re: First hint as to why kaffeine won't rx tv

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Sunday 05 June 2016 15:00:54 Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> > Kaffeine-Trinity, I take it?
>>
>> Yes.

>> > You can't.  Security fixes only.
>>
>> How about tickling the TDE developers?
>
> Worth a try - but there are very few of them, and Wheezy is probably not
> their
> priority either.  I'll try to understand your problem - I haven't really -
> and test it in Jessie.  But you'll need to tickle me later in the week.
> :-( If it is present in Jessie too, or if it is easy, then they will
> probably do
> something.  (As you are using 14.0.4 it is probably worth anyway making
> sure that Slávek knows.)
>
> Cheers,
> Lisi

If there is a program that works on your pc with the dvb card, it means all
is fine. You just need to find the program that works, so ... just matter
of time to watch tv on the pc.

You can try VLC and KMplayer. Kaffeine is Xine in the back AFAIR and it
changed, so that its already incompat or kaffeine in trinity needs to be
updated.

xawtv never worked except for teletext.

I've been never able to use Analog and DVB-T with other program than kplayer
(the KDE3 version 0.6 branch).
For that reason and because I got used to it and loved it that much I ported
to new TDE and uploaded the code - I think it was accepted and may be out
with 14.1.

Until 2012 when I was living in the city I was using first the Analog and
then DVB-T. For DVB-T I had to provide the list with local stations
somewhere in the config of kplayer (I thing it was as option to mplayer)
and they (the channels) appeared in the select list. Unfortunately we moved
out and there is no good signal here, so we stopped watching TV - and we
feel even better now :)

regards