Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 02:22:01PM +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> Does the monitor enter some energy saving mode (indicated by some led light)
> after the screen turns black?
No it doesn't, it just stays still.
> Do you have some other monitor to test the computer setup?
I have a CRT Samsung monitor. Not that I can get 1920x1080 on my current
monitor, if I use that monitor I can get it running too. But if I use
any drivers other than firmware-linux-nonfree, then the screen will be
black too (just tty)

> >> There are no further warnings (WW) or errors (EE) in the log.
> >>
> >> Do you see the mousepointer on the black screen? Maybe it's a problem with the
> >> backlight? (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/backlight)
> > No.
> >>
> >> Did your setup work before?
> > Yes, while I was using Gforce.
>
> Did you insert the AMD grahic card recently into your computer?
> I suppose you checked the cabling etc.
Those are correct. But I have to mention that when the screen turns
black, before I hit Alt+CTRL+F2 to get tty2, I see this error on the
screen:
Invalid PCI ROM header signature: expecting SOMEHEX got 0xfffff

--
Regards,
Mostafa Shahverdy <http://www.mostafa.info/pgp>