Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

Mostafa Shahverdy wrote on 05/30/16 21:28:
>> Try the ati package and if it fails or not, let's look into the contents of the
>> Xorg.0.log file of that again.
> Sorry for the late reply, just got stuck into command line for a while,
> because of some dependancy issues.
> Again I used the xserver-xorg-video-ati package, It only gave me a black
> screen.
>
> I attached the log file.

Here I'm clueless :-(

The log shows that the radeon driver is used, although also drivers are accessed
but unloaded later.
The radeon driver seems to work, even direct rendering.

There are no further warnings (WW) or errors (EE) in the log.

Do you see the mousepointer on the black screen? Maybe it's a problem with the
backlight? (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/backlight)

Did your setup work before?

Maybe, to test your setup you could use a Linux live CD.

Regards,
jvp.