Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 01:15:39PM +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> Here I'm clueless :-(
>
> The log shows that the radeon driver is used, although also drivers are accessed
> but unloaded later.
> The radeon driver seems to work, even direct rendering.
Well let me tell you what happens at that time.
First I see a screen with resolution of something like 1280x960 (or
whatever) in my grub menu. Then I see something like 800x600 after
choosing Debian. Then after some loadings, the screen resolution changes
to something like 1920x1080. Then it starts blinking, and I can't type
anything there, even I can't use tty2 nor tty3. After about 60 seconds,
I can log into tty2 to use apt.

> There are no further warnings (WW) or errors (EE) in the log.
>
> Do you see the mousepointer on the black screen? Maybe it's a problem with the
> backlight? (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/backlight)
No.

> Did your setup work before?
Yes, while I was using Gforce.