Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

Mostafa Shahverdy wrote on 05/31/16 13:25:
> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 01:15:39PM +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
>> Here I'm clueless :-(
>>
>> The log shows that the radeon driver is used, although also drivers are accessed
>> but unloaded later.
>> The radeon driver seems to work, even direct rendering.
> Well let me tell you what happens at that time.
> First I see a screen with resolution of something like 1280x960 (or
> whatever) in my grub menu. Then I see something like 800x600 after
> choosing Debian. Then after some loadings, the screen resolution changes
> to something like 1920x1080. Then it starts blinking, and I can't type
> anything there, even I can't use tty2 nor tty3. After about 60 seconds,
> I can log into tty2 to use apt.

Does the monitor enter some energy saving mode (indicated by some led light)
after the screen turns black?

Do you have some other monitor to test the computer setup?

>> There are no further warnings (WW) or errors (EE) in the log.
>>
>> Do you see the mousepointer on the black screen? Maybe it's a problem with the
>> backlight? (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/backlight)
> No.
>>
>> Did your setup work before?
> Yes, while I was using Gforce.

Did you insert the AMD grahic card recently into your computer?

I suppose you checked the cabling etc.

Regards,
jvp.