Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

On 2016-05-31 at 07:25, Mostafa Shahverdy wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 01:15:39PM +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:

>> Did your setup work before?
>
> Yes, while I was using Gforce.

What GLX implementation are you using? If you still have e.g. the NVIDIA
GLX alternative selected, it wouldn't surprise me if you got results
like this.

To figure this out, look at the glx-alternative-* packages, and at the
output of 'update-alternatives --list glx'.

I use the Radeon drivers myself (open, not FGLRX), and I have
glx-alternative-mesa active (under the alternative name
'mesa-diverted').

I _think_ this should be handled automatically by the relevant driver
packages nowadays, but I can't swear to that, and if it's not then it
might be your problem.

--
   The Wanderer