Re: Can not dial mobile broadband with Network-manager

On Fri, 13 May 2016 08:11:19 +0100
Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-05-12 at 18:48 +0100, Joe wrote:
> [...]
> > My configuration for a Huawei 3G dongle has *99# for the Number,
> > which obviously isn't correct
>
> Well it works doesn't it? And I bet it doesn't without it. So in my
> book that would make it correct ;-) (I remember using such special
> numbers to configure data connections on mobile phones in decades
> past)

Yes, it works, the point is that NM doesn't actually need the dongle's
real telephone number, at least not for this provider. I'm fairly
confident (it was a while ago that I last created one) that the only
connection data needed was the ATN.

--
Joe