Re:Re: Can not dial mobile broadband with Network-manager

After I complete a new mobile broadband connection, the dialog for input mobile broadband password is showed (see the attachment file). The "Connect" button can not be pressed unless anything is filled in the dialog.

But if I fill anything and press "Connect", the connection can not be established, and I get an error message in daemon.log. The error message is like blew.

May 13 10:02:41 athena NetworkManager[902]: (NetworkManager:902): NetworkManager-wwan-CRITICAL **: modem_prepare_result: assertion 'state == NM_DEVICE_STATE_PREPARE' failed

My laptop is Thinkpad X1 carbon 4th Gen with Debian testing, the mobile broadband slot is embed.

Thanks to everyone!

At 2016-05-13 01:28:53, "Ron Leach" <ronleach@tesco.net> wrote: >On 12/05/2016 17:25, Wang wrote: >> I try to use Network-manager in GNOME to dial a mobile broadband connection. My provider is China Unicom, and no username and password is need. But when I complete the setting and try to dial, a dialog is showed to input a password. If no password is inputed, the button for connecting is not enabled. >> >> How can I dial a mobile broadband without any password in the Network-manager? Would you please tell me the method? Thank you very much! >> > >Mobile Broadband services that do not check username and password are >quite common - they rely on authentication via the SIM card instead. > >I have not tried to do this with Gnome but one thing I have done with >other OSs is to put in a dummy username and dummy password. Something >as simple as user, and pass, works with some providers I have used. > >Perhaps if you enter a dummy value, the connect button will activate? > >Ron >