Re: mutt attachment error

On Wed 11 May 2016 at 14:51:31 -0500, David Wright wrote:

> On Tue 10 May 2016 at 17:43:03 (+0200), Sven Hartge wrote:
> > David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Isn't the Debian way to put
> >
> > > MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT=foo
> >
> > > into /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf and then run
> > > # dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
> >
> > No, that won't work. You cannot just put stuff into
> > /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf and hope it will make it into the
> > configuration.
>
> Yes, I chose the wrong file. Hope doesn't come into it:
> dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config   sees to that.
>
> I think it's quite unusual for there not to be any stub file provided
> by Debian. In fact, it'd be quite useful in this case as
> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros could reiterate the fact that it's
> only for unsplit configuration, and
> /etc/exim4/conf.d/main000_localmacros could ditto for split.

That idea might be worth floating at

(Coincidence: the May 2016 Archives have a discussion on the same topic
as this thread).

> BTW when will   dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config   either stop saying
> "hostname --fqdn did not return a fully qualified name, dc_minimaldns will not
> work. Please fix your /etc/hosts setup." or suggest a reasonable fix?
> Or IOW, why has bug #504427 never even received acknowledgment?

It will stop, I suppose, when the user has a correct 127.0.1.1 line in
/etc/hosts.

It's impossible to answer your final question. Maybe the maintainers and
other readers of the report were busy.