Re: Creating a home network

On 5/11/2016 12:09 PM, Peter Ludikovsky wrote:
Not really broke. Eg. the BananaPi Router board comes in at about €75,
with 5 Gb interfaces (4 switched) and a 2.5" SATA connector, and runs a
minimally adapted Debian called Bananian. Add to that a small powered
USB hub, starting at about €10, and some cables, and your total should
be at around €100.

Thanks. I also asked on a local users group. The sugesstions vary in
detail but are generally. Google on suggested components should be
educational. Cost estimates are similar.

* Samba
* autofs and/or udev to automagically export USB devices via Samba

Searching souhould give useful related links.

Regards
/peter