Re: Posts don't show on list

On 05/01/2016 10:36 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Sunday 01 May 2016 17:45:44 Gary Roach wrote:
On 05/01/2016 04:22 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Sunday 01 May 2016 02:01:12 Gary Roach wrote:
On 04/30/2016 03:23 PM, Brian wrote:
On Sat 30 Apr 2016 at 13:00:55 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
I may have found the problem. When the majordomo message didn't return
I start digging into aol. I found the return message in the Spam bin.
I've turned the feature off and hope that fixes the problem. All I
want is a pop server and an smtp connection that stays out of my hair.
This sent without a cc to myself.
Only one piece of information was asked for. You have omotted to give
it. What did the majordomo message say?
It was not returned.
It WAS returned.  It just got put in your spam folder.

I finally found it in the aol spam folder. It just
had 2 lines that repeated my email address one of which was "which
gary719_list1@verizon.net" .
Verbatim, what did it say?

Lisi
Ok Lisi verbatum (pasted)

You are subscribed to the following lists:

List         Address
====         =======
debian-usergary719_list1@verizon.net
whitelistgary719_list1@verizon.net
So your "quotation" above was completely inaccurate.  When you are asked to
say what something said, you have to say it verbatim if you want help.

So <gary719_list1@verizon.net> is subscribed.  <garyroach@verizon.net> is
probably not.  You have also been posting from <garyroach@verizon.net>.  That
would explain a lot.  You could test <garyroach@verizon.net> the same way.

Lisi

Lesi

A, The posts to garyroach@verizon.net were accidental and didn't happen very many times. The problem has been filxed. If you look through the archives you will find almost all messages sent as garyroach@verizon.net were followed up with a gary719_list1@verizon.net message. I screwed up a couple of times. Mia Copa.

B. I see no reason to go further with this since everything has been beaten into the ground and all of my problems have been fixed. I saw no useful information in the majordomo returned message (after I found it in the aol spam folder ). I don't use the aol web site, don't look at the aol web site and hope to never have to look at it again. If something gets listed as spam I will normally never know this. I use good old icedove and set up my own filters.

C. I still think debian-user is being a bit cavalier with there handling of rejected email and their settings on maximum file sizes. With a max size of 10K only text can be included in an attachment. With about 50K attachments would become useful and would not take that much longer to transmit over a dial up line. Returning rejected messages with an explanation can be completely automated. The argument that it would tie up bandwidth in this day and age is ridiculous. If they had done this with my messages this thread would be about a third of the length that it is. There is no savings in that level of brevity.

Gary R.