Re: Posts don't show on list

On Fri 29 Apr 2016 at 15:20:14 (-0700), Gary Roach wrote:
> On 04/22/2016 04:16 PM, David Wright wrote:

> >>I'm glad you thing this is a minor problem. Just put out a critical
> >>question, get no answer and not know whether its due to the message
> >>not getting through or just no interest. It drives me nuts. Things
> >>are inconsistent as well. When I posted this thread my original
> >>message was posted. Since then I tried to as a question requiring
> >>the inclusion of a screen shot. I put the screen shot as an
> >>attachment. The message just disappeared never to be heard from
> >>again. Very annoying .
> >Do you not have web access? You can check there.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >David.
> >
> Not sure what you mean by web access. To what?

If you look at the list of most recent postings at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/recent
you'll be able to see whether your contribution has arrived yet.
The page should refresh about every 20 minutes.

That's if you start a new thread. If you reply to an existing
thread, it'll be listed under that thread, which may be on
a previous page (though AIUI not a previous month).

So, for example, the post I'm replying to here is visible at
which is listed on such a previous page at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/04/thrd2.html

> My account is now with aol only because they allow me to use my old
> verizon address. But I don't think that aol or my mail client is the
> problem here. I have mailing lists that are hosted by GoogleGroups
> and by Sourceforge that work fine. Does any one know who hosts this
> list. It doesn't have any info at the bottom of the page like the
> others do. Does Debian have there own mail server?

That information is in the headers (near the bottom):

Cheers,
David.