Re: Posts don't show on list

On Friday 29 April 2016 23:20:14 Gary Roach wrote:
> >> I'm glad you thing this is a minor problem. Just put out a critical
> >> question, get no answer and not know whether its due to the message
> >> not getting through or just no interest. It drives me nuts. Things
> >> are inconsistent as well. When I posted this thread my original
> >> message was posted. Since then I tried to as a question requiring
> >> the inclusion of a screen shot. I put the screen shot as an
> >> attachment. The message just disappeared never to be heard from
> >> again. Very annoying .
> >
> > Do you not have web access? You can check there.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David.
>
> Not sure what you mean by web access. To what?

The Debian archives.  You can see your messages there. E.g. this one to which
I am replying (though I am replying from my email client and the correct
position in the thread):
[🔎] 5723DE1E.9060003@verizon.net">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 5723DE1E.9060003@verizon.net

Since you are the only person suffering from this precise problem, it seems
unlikely to be the fault of the Debian lists.  They do have idiosyncratic
ways of doing things sometimes, but they ARE posting your posts.  As David
says, you can check online in the archives to see them for yourself.

What critical questions have you asked to which you have not had a reply?
Your last post, on any topic other than this, was in February, on "Setting up
HDRI in ImageMagick", when you got six replies in two days.

Try looking at the author index for each month and you will be able to see
which of your emails have got through.  Here is April's to get you going:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/04/author.html

Your posts DO show on list.  You, your ISP, your email supplier or your email
client are/is doing something strange.

Lisi