Re: What Package?

On 2016-04-10, Harris Paltrowitz <harris1nyc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
>
> Those that do still use it (Flash) should upgrade to the newest version
> (which I believe is 11.2.202.616) as they've recently fixed some
> critical vulnerabilities (on 4-7-2016).
> -----------------------------
>
> Any idea whether the package "flashplugin-nonfree" is being updated in
> the same way?"

There was a time when the flashplugin-nonfree package was broken somehow
(I don't remember the exact details--see Wanderer's post for what the
package is and how it is supposed to be used). From that point forward I
took it upon myself to retrieve the most recent libflashplayer.so file
and stick it in the appropriate place(s), extracting the library from
the tar.gz archive offered on the Adobe site.  I didn't bother
installing the deb.

--
Hypertext--or should I say the ideology of hypertext?--is ultrademocratic and
so entirely in harmony with the demagogic appeals to cultural democracy that